Title: Lost & Found
Description: an exploration of a daughter's relationship with an absent
Visual aspect still undetermined -- possibly puzzle pieces?
(I have something in mind but it's dependent on the visual theme)
Section I: Life before Bill (0-7 years)
Section II: Becoming a "normal" family (8-12 years)
- Bedtime story / Frank leaving
- Move to NJ; living with Malcolm and Ethel
- Malcolm as first father-figure (?)
- Beginning school, first friends -- first realization that other
children have fathers
Section III: The Letter (approx 12-13)
- Earliest memories of Bill -- presents, puppy, redwoods
- Kristen's birth, first house -- living the cliche
- Beginnings of distance ("real" vs. step daughter)
- "Dad"/Bill -- Kristen starts to talk
Section IV: Friends' fathers (14-18)
- Letter / answer
- Mom's reaction
- Poss. attempts to write to Brooke?
Section V: Learning to Let Go (18-now)
- Poss. early friends in here? Lela/Sarah?
- Anna -- perfect cliche family
- lies about Ed / were they lies?
- Jay -- abusive absent father
- thunderstorm talks
- expresing anger: starting to heal
- breaking into his father's house
- Distance becomes complete uninvolvement
- Application questions I couldn't answer
- Beginning to let go -- graduation, moving away, etc.
- First real relationship
- Realizing full extent of trust issues
- Starting to get past anger
- Feeling unlove-able; effect on relationship
- No more contact attempts
- Relationship with Bill?
Stopping the search for him, to find myself. Not the conclusion I
wanted to reach -- didn't find him, haven't found myself yet -- where to
go from here? Am I any stronger for having done the searching? Will I
ever start the search again? If he ever chose to reach out, would I
answer? Have to think about this.
Project URL: http://eurydice.net/fw/index.html